Ben Wilson's Gearlink Kawasaki ZX6R
Harley Davidison Custom Britain's got Biking Talent 2009
MV Agusta F3 Engine Casing
Kawasaki at the NEC Bike Show
The Silverstone Showdown
26th September 2010
Race one began with Josh Brookes, Michael Rutter, Michael Laverty and Ryuichi Kiyonari on the front row, with the young Lois Baz, Tommy Hill, Dan Linfoot and Chris Walker in row two.
Off the line, Laverty stormed into the lead at the first corner, Brookes on his tail followed by Rutter and Kiyonari. Brookes soon found his way past Laverty and Kiyonari soon passed Rutter into 3rd, but at lap 5 the race was stopped duel to the weather coming in.
After the short break, and a tyre change, Josh Brookes re-took pole position, with Laverty and Kiyonari moving up and Rutter moving down to 4th.
The start of race 1 part two Laverty took the lead into the first corner again, with Brookes and Kiyonari following close behind. Rutter soon made his way through the pack to 3rd. Through out the first lap, Brookes dived into the corners in an attempt to pass Laverty who managed to hold him off.
John Laverty came off the Buildbase Kawasaki in the 2nd lap, while Alastair Seeley made his way forward and James Ellison confidently moved upto 4th infront of Tommy Hill.
Laverty, Brookes and Rutter start to pull away at the front, with Brookes taking 1st after Laverty took a small slide and had to let off, but was re-took a few corners later. While Laverty and Brookes faught for for 1st, Rutter played the waiting game and took 2nd from Laverty shortly after Brookes took 1st on the 7th lap.
With two laps to go, Tommy Hill, the championship leader was back in 8th sliding on the worn tyres, while Rutter took 1st from Brookes while he struggled with wearing tyres. After a reserved final Lap, Rutter took his 28th race win, with Brookes close behind and Laverty taking 3rd after leading for two thirds of the Race. Ellison passed Kiyonari to take 4th with Seeley 6th. Simon Andrews came in 7th, Tommy Hill 8th, Chris Walker 9th and Dan Linfoot rounding out the top ten.
MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship
Round 11, Silverstone
Race one result:
1. Michael Rutter (Ridersmotorcycles.com Ducati)
2. Josh Brookes (HM Plant Honda) +1.263s
3. Michael Laverty (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) +5.254s
4. James Ellison (Swan Honda) +12.177s
5. Ryuichi Kiyonari (HM Plant Honda) +12.331s
6. Alastair Seeley (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) +23.908s
7. Simon Andrews (MSS Colchester Kawasaki) +25.628s
8. Tommy Hill (Worx Crescent Suzuki) +26.984s
9. Chris Walker (Sorrymate.com SMT Honda) +32.611s
10. Dan Linfoot (Motorpoint Yamaha) +37.179s
Race two result:
1. James Ellison (Swan Honda)
2. Ryuichi Kiyonari (HM Plant Honda) +5.850s
3. Josh Brookes (HM Plant Honda) +12.865s
4. Alastair Seeley (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) +15.293s
5. Tommy Hill (Worx Crescent Suzuki) +20.264s
6. Dan Linfoot (Motorpoint Yamaha) +22.767s
7. Gary Mason (MSS Colchester Kawasaki) +25.308s
8. Chris Walker (Sorrymate.com SMT Honda) +27.694s
9. John Laverty (Buildbase Kawasaki) +28.793s
10. Peter Hickman (Ultimate Racing Yamaha) +39.165s
DNF. Michael Rutter (Ridersmotorcycles.com Ducati)
MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship standings after Silverstone:
1. Tommy Hill (Worx Crescent Suzuki) 589
2. Josh Brookes (HM Plant Honda) 578
3. Ryuichi Kiyonari (HM Plant Honda) 574
4. Michael Laverty (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) 570
5. Michael Rutter (Ridersmotorcycles.com Ducati) 546
6. Alastair Seeley (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) 529
15. Yukio Kagayama (Worx Crescent Suzuki) 81