Laverty makes title statement with Croft Victory
Tommy Hill Leads BSB after Croft Showdown
Hill Leads BSB after Croft Showdown
12th September 2010
Tommy Hill made a good start at the weekend with a pole position in qualifying, and brought a first place in race one with Michael Laverty in hot pursuit. Stuart Easton came in third after Micheal Rutter took a trip down the tarmac at the hairpin (coming in 23rd after picking it up).
Simon Andrews is getting stronger coming in 4th, with Dan Linfoot then Josh Brookes coming in 6th after starting on row 4. Loris Baz (the 15 year old World Superstock 600 Championship) took 7th, John Laverty taking 8th on the Buildbase Kawasaki, Chris Walker in 9th, and Gary Mason rounding out the top ten.
Ryuichi Kiyonari go sucked back at the start to 22nd, but managed to pull it back to 11th by the end of race 1, Alastair Seeley took a spill on lap 8 leaving him six in the showdown of the first showdown.
Race 2 saw Michael Laverty lead off the line, with Hill behind Stuart Easton, Lavery managed to build on the lead, but once past Easton, Hill chipped away at Laverty's lead and managed to pass on lap 15th, but Laverty didn't give up and after series of passes and repasses took the win by 0.202 seconds, Stuart Easton took the 3rd 8.534 seconds later. Ryuichi Kiyonari made an astonishing leap to 4th in the last lap passing Michael Rutter and James Ellison who came 5th and 6th respectively.
Tommy Bridewell crossed the line in 7th with Josh Brookes close behind in 8th, Dani Linfoot and Simon Andrews round out the top ten for race 2, leaving Alastair Seeley just inside the points with 15th place.
MCE Insurance 2010 British Superbike Championship
Round Ten, Croft
Race one result:
1. Tommy Hill (Worx Crescent Suzuki)
2. Michael Laverty (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) +0.155s
3. Stuart Easton (Swan Honda) +10.177s
4. Simon Andrews (MSS Colchester Kawasaki) +13.512s
5. Dan Linfoot (Motorpoint Yamaha) +14.742s
6. Josh Brookes (HM Plant Honda) +15.407s
7. Loris Baz (Motorpoint Yamaha) +21.044s
8. John Laverty (Buildbase Kawasaki) +25.983s
9. Chris Walker (Sorrymate.com SMT Honda) +26.304s
10. Gary Mason (MSS Colchester Kawasaki) +26.670s
Race two result:
1. Michael Laverty (Relentless Suzuki by TAS)
2. Tommy Hill (Worx Crescent Suzuki) +0.202s
3. Stuart Easton (Swan Honda) +8.534s
4. Ryuichi Kiyonari (HM Plant Honda) +9.590s
5. Michael Rutter (Ridersmotorcycles.com Ducati) +9.833s
6. James Ellison (Swan Honda) +10.138s
7. Tommy Bridewell (Quay Garage Honda) +10.730s
8. Josh Brookes (HM Plant Honda) +11.619s
9. Dan Linfoot (Motorpoint Yamaha) +12.412s
10. Simon Andrews (MSS Colchester Kawasaki) +16.489s
MCE Insurance 2010 British Superbike Championship showdown standings after Croft:
1. Tommy Hill (Worx Crescent Suzuki) 570
2. Michael Laverty (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) 554
3. Ryuichi Kiyonari (HM Plant Honda) 543
4. Josh Brookes (HM Plant Honda) 542
5. Michael Rutter (Ridersmotorcycles.com Ducati) 521
6. Alastair Seeley (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) 506
Images courtesy www.Suzuki.co.uk